September might be our favourite month…
We all love summer – I think we can agree on that. After the heat of July and August comes beautiful September though. Sometimes underrated and overlooked as a time to get away, this last month of summer (Fall officially starts on Sept 22nd) has become our favourite month. Here are a few reasons:
- The days are still warm and somewhat long and the nights are cool… to help one sleep (I know I sleep better on cool nights)
- The summer crowds have dissipated a bit. The young ones are back in school and things tend to slow down a bit past Labour Day
- The fall colours are showing themselves. A great time for photos!
- The wildfire season has dissipated and the skies are clear. The clean crisp September air is great for activities
- It’s harvest time! Local produce is at its best for many items
- The trails are in good shape for both hiking and biking
A few extra things to look forward to this September at Island Lake!
- We have some great spa specials on! Have a look here
- Our Summer Accommodation Packages are still available
- We have a couple scheduled guided hikes – Lizard Lake and Heiko’s Trail
- There is a Beer Makers Dinner on September 27th. Join us for a 4 course meal paired with 4 beers from our partners Fernie Brewing Company. Details here
- Though it’s in October… we will be having a special “Island Lake style” Thanksgiving Dinner on October 7th. 4 courses including wine for $99. Stay the night! Starting at just $129