Best Advice Ever: Hike More
Our Hiking Trails in Fernie B.C.
The 7,000 acres of pristine wilderness at Island Lake provides countless hiking opportunities. Whether you are interested in a 30 minute walk or a full day hike, Island Lake has hiking trails for all ability levels. We have a full time trail crew who keeps the trail system well maintained. Want to learn about flora and fauna? Guided interpretive hikes are available.
- Check out the detailed trail descriptions.
- Have a look at our Hiking Map
- Experience all of the Iconic Photo Spots of Island Lake
Don’t forget about our Iconic Photo Spots Contest!! There are some great prizes. Details here
Guided Hiking – Our hiking guides can take you on a short half day interpretive walk or an all day adventure. A guided hike is a great way to discover places you may not experience on your own and learn about the local flora and fauna of the area. We do have some scheduled hikes listed below, but can book a hike for your group as well.
Guided Hiking Prices:
- On property hikes: $49/person minimum – 2 people
- Off property hikes: $109/ person minimum – 2 people
- Overnight guided hikes on or off property: $300 with food per night for 2 people with a minimum of two people, $50 extra per person
Scheduled Guided Hikes / Summer 2019:
- Sunday, July 14th – Heiko’s Trail (A great way to experience this iconic trail)
- Sunday, July 28th – Big White Peak hike (Explore one of the few summit hikes in the Lizard Range)
- Sunday, August 4th – Heiko’s Trail – (Prime Wildflowers in the Alpine)
- Sunday Aug 11th – Spineback/Goldilocks (Experience dramatic views and alpine landscapes)
- Sunday, August 18th – Heiko’sTrail (2 day with overnight camp)
- Sunday, August 25th – Spineback/Goldilocks (Experience dramatic views and alpine landscapes)
- Sunday, Sept 8th – Heiko’s Trail (Explore one of the most diverse trails in the Southern Rocky Mountains)
Half day hikes available on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday
All on property hikes will meet at 8:30 am at the front desk. The hikes take about four hours. Good footwear, water and snacks are required.
Off property hikes:
Meet at 7 am at the front desk for shuttles departing the lodge or at the trail head of the hike at 8am.
The lodge will provide hiking poles if needed. The guide will carry bear spray, radio, first aid kit and a tarp.
Guests must provide:
Lunch or we can provide $18 for packed lunch
Water (minimum 2 litres)
Extra clothing and rain gear
From Our Customers
Kudos to all your staff for their wonderful and gracious hospitality. I was particularly impressed that everyone addressed us by our first names from the moment we arrived until we departed.
Did I mention "kudos to all"? That includes all the folks in leadership who set up your system and motivate your people to make for such a wonderful guest experience.